Tuesday, July 18, 2006

July-August Newsletter

Families and friends of Weapons Company 1/1 this will likely be the last newsletter of this deployment as we are rapidly approaching our return home. It goes without saying that this has been a long and very challenging seven months. That cold January morning when we boarded the buses and pulled away from the parade deck seems like an eternity ago. In many ways it was.

Since that time we have rejoiced in our many victories, cursed our setbacks and cried for our fallen comrades. We fly home in a few weeks filling fewer seats than seven months ago. Weapons Company 1/1 has experienced every adjective that describes a human emotion. The various highs and lows that only those who have experienced war can truly appreciate.

In the past seven months only two things have remained constant our devotion to each other and the support from you, the families back home. I want to express my heart felt gratitude for all that you’ve done for us these past seven months. This experience should make us all appreciate just a little bit more those things that are most important in life; family and friends. If any of us should ever take our time on this earth with each other for granted we should pause and remember these four names; Lcpl Marcus Glimpse, SSgt Benjamin Williams, PFC Brandon Webb and Lcpl Christopher White. Those four great young men and their families gave the ultimate sacrifice so that the rest of us could enjoy the holidays, birthdays and quiet moments together yet to come. We must never forget them.

I can not express in words how truly proud I am of the Marines and Sailors of this company. Each of these young men regardless of whether they serve 4 years or 40 has earned the right to live a long and happy life. I will always be there company commander in the sense that anything I can do to help them achieve their goals I will do.

In closing; Ladies and gentlemen, we did our best. I don’t know what the future is for Iraq or for this region. All I know is that the 141 Marines and Sailors who boarded that bus back in January did the best they could to make the world a little better. In that I think we succeeded.

God bless you and thank you all.

Semper Fi,

Capt. A. A. Warthen

7 Comments:

Blogger SANTA MARIA DAD said...

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN CPT. WARTHEN . I AM BOTH SADDENED & THRILLED . SADDENED BY THE LOSS OF 3 MORE COURAGIOUS & HEROIC YOUNG MARINES BUT THRILLED THAT THIS DEPLOYMENT WILL SOON END . I ALSO THINK THAT ALL THE THANKS SHOULD BE FROM ALL OF US TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE GREAT JOB YOU ARE DOING & THE WONDERFUL PROGRESS YOU HAVE MADE ......KEEP LOOKING OUT FOR EACH OTHER & GOD BLESS ....... (ps) ALEX , THAT BIG OL' STEAK & ICE COLD BEER IS WAITIN , WHEN YOU'RE READY ..... LOVE YA , DAD

8:30 PM  
Blogger aventurista said...

Captain Warthen,

I remember your words on that incredibly cold morning when we put our sons, husbands, brothers and lovers on the bus. Thank your for your stewardship these months, and your heartfelt tribute on these pages. Tell the Marines of Wpns Co. that there is always a cold beer, a warm hug, and a ride to the airport waiting for them here in Playa Del Rey California, and godspeed to you all.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Dad said...

Great to hear the news. I am saddened by the loss of more young men, but thrilled that more will be returning home. Especially my son, Lcpl Akens. I wish to say Well done, and thank you all.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Scamtaine said...

I just want to say I have been watching this for years in the hopes that I would never see one of my fellow marines on here. I can only say that I will never forget and will always cherish the brothers I have grown with and will always remember. My heart goes out to the families of SSGT Williams, I worked with him, I trained with him and I will never forget him, he was always smiling and loved being a marine, semper fi!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Cindy I. said...

Cpt. Warthen,
Your comments are very touching and inspiring. As a Marine mom anxiously awaiting the return of her beloved son may I say I am proud of you all. I recognize your great service to our country and the contribution you make to keeping America free.
Thank you and may God bless and protect you all.
Cindy Imholt

11:36 AM  
Blogger Grateful Canuck said...

I just want you gents to know that there are many people outside the US that are very grateful and appreciate what you marines are doing, and have done, over there. We also know that you are not just doing it for yourselves or for US citizens only, even if you don't necessarily realize it yourselves.

Thanks a milion from the great white north, I wish there was more I could say.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Wesley Wadien said...

Approximately twelve and a half years ago I drove down into what appeared to be a base underneath Oak Hammock Marsh Manitoba Canada (protected wildlife sanctuary), I completely forgot the experience until reading a report on underground Nazi bases 8 months ago (The Omega Files), I then used Google Earth to view Oak Hammock Marsh and the surrounding areas, I found numerous irregularities including: a flying saucer that appears to be broke down in the mud, two saucers with adaptive camo and what appears to be their landing vehicles nearby them, a landing area that appears to be marked with two swastikas and protected by 2 anti-aircraft weapons, a wormhole in a backyard neighboring Oak Hammock Marsh and a large white/silver tank 100 feet North of that wormhole. Since remembering driving down into what appeared to be a base and finding these irregularities using Google Earth I have not stopped making this known, in my opinion anything less would be committing treason against Canada. These images and links are posted on my Facebook account which is open to the public. In my photo album named Possible Nazi base on Canadian soil I have included images taken from previous satellite imaging of Oak Hammock Marsh (Google Earth Pro) so it is possible to see what is normally in those areas.

Link to Possible Nazi base on Canadian soil Facebook photo album.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.631329920225024.1073741834.100000440659439&type=1

Links to Google Earth showing parts of a possible Nazi base on Canadian soil

Landing area marked with 2 swastikas and protected by 2 anti-aircraft weapons, west 400 feet is adaptive camo saucer, distortion around edges of saucer is visible.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=50.174163%2C-97.101154&spn=0.000515%2C0.001062&t=h&z=19

Saucer (possibly broken down), 2 mud tracks from it trying to take off or skimming the ground to avoid radar detection, 400 feet NNE of that is the landing vehicle for the saucer.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=50.225015%2C-97.139643&spn=0.000865%2C0.002296&t=h&z=19

Wormhole in backyard of property and large white/silver tank 100 feet North of that.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=50.151111%2C-97.101787&spn=0.000741%2C0.001725&t=h&z=19

Saucer landing vehicle, saucer NW of that at end of mud track with adaptive camo, distortion can be seen around edges of saucer.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=50.152524%2C-97.108787&spn=0.000956%2C0.002124&t=h&z=18

Technology used to create projection top on base, when I drove down into the base 12.5 years earlier the projection was turned off.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=50.174576%2C-97.128424&spn=0.001053%2C0.001725&t=h&z=19

Statement from the former Canadian Minister of National Defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYSwomqKDqQ

News report on chem trails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY16kEzIdHY

Nazi bell uncovered (Nazi bell used by the Nazis to create wormholes)

https://sites.google.com/site/nazibelluncovered/

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home